Yam is a root vegetable that is rich in carbohydrate and starch. This new yam season is Nigeria, coupled with the rainny season, the avalanche of assorted vegetables makes it possible to prepare this simple meal! Enjoy your meal!
Recipe for 5 servings:
- 1 large size yam
- 7 fresh pepper and tomatoes (blended coarsely)
- 1 cooking spoon vegetable or palm oil
- 1 large onion (sliced or chopped)
- salt and seasoning to taste
- A small bunch of ugu leaves
- 2 smoked fish
- Peel, cut and wash the yam
- cut into sizeable chunks, pour into a clean pot and bring to boil.
- Cook until it is soft, drain and set aside.
- For the sauce, pour the oil into a frying pan, add the chopped onion, pepper and tomatoes, including dried the smoked fish.
- Allow to cook for some minutes, before adding the seasonings and salt to taste.
- Simmer for two more minutes, add the vegetables, cover and simmer slightly for a minute
- Remove from heat and serve with the boiled yam.
Food is ready!
Do you have nice recipes you think can be published on this blog?
You can send the recipe, your name , the picture of the recipe and your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org! Surely, twill be edited and posted!