Banana is the common name for flowering plants of the genus Musa and for the fruit they produce.
Also known as *Ensete ventricosum (Ethiopian banana, false banana, enset), this fruit is said to be an important foodcrop in Ethiopia.
Nymphoides aquatica (banana plant), an aquatic species known for its unusual root structure.
Strelitzia nicolai (wild banana), a banana-like plant with an erect woody stem.
Nutritional facts about bananas!
- Bananas are a good source of vitamin C, potassium and dietary fiber.
Bananas are a very good source of vitamin B6 and a good source of manganese, biotin, and copper.Bananas are great for athletic and fitness activity because they replenish necessary carbohydrates, glycogen and body fluids burned during exercise.
- Alexander the Great reportedly discovered banana in India, in the year 327 bc.
In most countries, Bananas are available all year-round. They are harvested every day of the year.
- Bananas are not stored in the refrigerator.
- For pregnant women, Banana between meals will help to keep your blood sugar level up and avoid morning sickness.
- Waoh look at this? *When you are bitten by a mosquito the inside of a banana skin will help reduce the swelling.
- Bananas are good for the heart, bananas help to overcome depression and elevate one’s mood.
- For those who want to lose weight! Bananas will help in this situation.
- Eating banana also aid the digestion of food.
- The high content of potassium in bananas makes it a super fruit.
- This fruit helps to keep the brain alert.
- Banana helps to sharpen one’s vision.
- A moderate consumption of banana will definitely protect the body against kidney cancer.
By : Okunola Akinloye, a four hundred level business admin student, University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos Nigeria!