Hello Everyone! Welcome to another exciting time on Gourmetguide234.com!
One of us, a seasoned Agric Engineer and foodie, Adeyemi Jeremiah, who is also a great football lover, in the spirit of football decided to open our eyes to the beauty of Russian delicacies, especially owing to the fact that the ongoing 2018 World Cup is being played in Russia!
Let’s relish this delicacy!
So, today, we’ll be talking about a very sumptuous Russian delicacy called Cabbage Salad!
This looks like the traditional coleslaw right?…… The only difference is that no mayonnaise is added, instead, the coleslaw is dressed with lemon juice, salt and just a bit of oil(pure sunflower oil)
This is a Russian version of the traditional coleslaw. It’s very tasty, easy to make, light and relatively low in calories, in fact, it perfectly complements meaty and potato dishes.
The salad is usually a winter meal with pickled cabbage as the best because it is rich in vitamin C and very good in winter time with boiled potatoes.
- 1 pound cabbage
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 carrot
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Take the top scruffy leaves of the cabbage off
- Rinse the cabbage and pat to dry
- Cut the cabbage stem into a large chunk
- Add salt and gently knead cabbage, so it reduces little juice and becomes softer.
- Spice with sugar and mix again
- Add lemon juice to cabbage. let it stand for 30 minutes
- Add freshly shred apples to the salad. (It’s not going to discolour, because we already have lemon juice in the salad)
- Add carrot and mix again
- Add greens
- Add vegetable oil(Let it stay for 15-30 minutes before serve)
There you go, give it and try and thank me later……..