Turmeric is a spice and a member of the rhizome family.
In its raw form, it looks a bit like ginger root, but when it’s ground down it has a distinctive yellowish – orange colour.
Tumeric powder is very popular in South Asian cuisine.
Britons also relish turmeric as well!. Chicken tikka masala, one of Britain’s most popular dishes cannot be complete without turmeric.
I decided to try something new with turmeric and the result was amazing, especially using the following ingredients!\
Recipe for 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 large carrots [stripped or chopped]
- 1-kilogram fish [tilapia, croacker or any other fish]
- 2 green peppers [chopped]
- 1 level teaspoon curry or
- 1 bunch of curry leaves [shredded]
- 2 large onions [sliced or chopped]
- Salt and seasoning to taste
- 4 fresh peppers [chopped]
- 1/2 cooking spoon oil.
- 1 sizeable Cabbage [chopped]
- white onions [sliced
- 1 level spoon thyme.
- Set a small pot or saucepan on fire.
- Add the oil.
- After three seconds, add the onions, and all the vegetables.
- Stir and add some meat or fish stock.
- Add the salt and seasoning to taste.
- Simmer and add the powdered turmeric, curry and thyme.
- Add the fresh fish and pepper. If you have meat, go ahead!
- Continue to simmer while using the heat and water from the sauce to cook the fish.
- After a minute or two, the sauce is ready.
- Remove from heat and serve on your basmati rice. Any other rice is okay as well.
This is very healthy, no artificial colouring or addictive…turmeric is very good!