Good day great people!
Today, we want to see the beauty of turmeric !
Studies have shown that TURMERIC is one of the most effective nutritional supplement in existence.
Features of Turmeric
- Many high-quality studies show that turmeric has major benefits for the body and the brain.
- Turmeric is a spice.
- Aromatic-turmerone is a compound found naturally in turmeric.
- There are at least 200 different compounds in turmeric, but there’s one compound that scientists are particularly interested in and this is what gives this spice its lovely colour – It’s called curcumin.
- Infact, it is the spice that gives curry its yellow colour and has been reportedly used in India for thousands of years as a spice and medicinal herb.
- Recently, science has started to back up what Indians have known for a long time, that this spice really does contain compounds with medicinal properties.
- Turmeric can be in powdery form, it can be blended with some water like any paste,
- it can be in the whole rooty form as well.
- Turmeric as a spice is also a rhizome which in its raw form looks a bit like ginger root.
- But when it’ is ground, it comes out with a distinctive yellowy orange powder.
- This yellow spice is very popular in South Asian cuisine.
- Until recently the place you would most likely encounter turmeric would be in chicken tikka masala, one of Britain’s most popular dishes.
- This rhizome has become trendy, It is not just cooked and sprinkled on food but added to drinks like tea. and other drinks as well as smoothies.
- But today, turmeric is grown in many countries, including Nigeria, the most populous black nation in the world. It is no longer news that foods containing turmeric are now eaten on a regular basis.
Health benefits of Turmeric
- Reports say it can improve everything from allergies to depression,.
- There are at least 200 different compounds in turmeric,
- This spice is colorfully packed with curcumin.
- Thousands of scientific papers have been published looking at turmeric and curcumin in the laboratory – some with promising results.
- According to a report in the journal Stem Cell Research and Therapy, turmeric, helps to boost the brain’s ability to heal itself.
- The German study suggests that a compound found in turmeric could encourage the growth of nerve cells thought to be part of the brain’s repair kit.
- Since turmeric is enriched with a special compound known as curcumin, it can also help to reduce inflammation in the body.
- This yellow spice has anti-cancer benefits as well.