Month: August 2014
EATING TOMATOES LOWERS CANCER
A UK research has suggested that eating tomatoes may lower the risk of prostate cancer.
This is according to a UK study which observed that men who consume more than 10 portions of tomatoes each week reduce their risk by about 20% .
Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in men worldwide, with 35,000 new cases and around 10,000 deaths in the UK every year.
Cancer experts recommend eating a balanced diet which is high in fruit and vegetables and low in red and processed meat, fat and salt.
KADUNA GOVERNMENT PARTNERS WITH BANK OF INDUSTRY TO BOOST ENTREPRENEURIAL DEVELOPMENT
The Kaduna State Government and the Bank of Industry have signed an agreement to raise N1billion Entrepreneurial Development Fund to boost the operation of small scale businesses in the state.
• 1 level cup of custard powder
• 1 cup cold of water or milk
• Sugar to taste
• 852ml boiling water or milk
• Add cold water or milk to the custard powder and blend to a smooth paste
• Pour really boiling water or milk on the paste stirring all the time as if you were making akamu or eko. It thickens on cooking and changes colour
• Return to the saucepan and keep stirring until it boils up again
• Add sugar and more milk as desired
Note: Pouring custard takes about 1 cup custard powder to 852 ml of boiling water and coating custard 568 ml of boiling water to 1 cup of custard powder.