Welcome to a brand new year, a brand new decade and a brand new season.
The shouts and greetings of Happy New Year are still in the air.
As we bask in the euphoria of a new day, a new week, a new month, a new year and a decade, let’s remember to take some food and nutritional resolves that will help us go through a beautiful season.
These resolves are generally known as New Year Food Resolutions you can make to help you live a sound, healthy and fulfilled life.
On the GOURMET GUIDE FOOD SHOW ON UNILAG 103.1FM, we had many callers and contributors who called in to the studio and even sent in their personal messages stating what their food resolutions would look like.
The callers and contributors to the food show included the following
Omobola Olubode from Ejigbo, Uche from Isheri, Lagos, Bukki from Vox and so many others.
These are what they had to say…
- I want to cut down on sweet food.
- I want to cut down as sweet drinks, soft drinks, and fizzy drinks.
- I want to stop eating heavy meals at night.
- I want to stop eating late at night.
- I have decided that this year 2020, I will cut down on chicken and take more of fish, vegetables, and water.
- Well as for me, as much as possible, I just really need to reduce, avoid or stop taking fried food….
- This year I will prefer to do more steaming, boiling and other healthy methods. rather than using an unhealthy method to prepare my meals.
- For me, I have resolved to take more water to help my health.
- Well, I have made up my made to stop eating late.
- My focus this year will be on fruits, fruits, fruits, and assorted vegetables.
- As for me, I must cut down on heavy meals this year 2020.
- I want to eat as early as possible and also eat at the right time.
- This year, I want to stop buying roadside food. In fact, I have mapped out some money to this effect, I will buy foodstuffs from the market and prepare my food all by myself IN MY KITCHEN.
- I want to cut down on fat, so for me, every morning, when I wake up, the first thing I will do is to drink warm water with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice, to flush out unnecessary toxins from my system.
Okay. You too can make your resolutions. But if you are at a loss, or you are just blank, that is, right now, you don’t know what your resolve will look like, go ahead and read through some of these postulations that some of our radio audience shared on the show and decide what to make out of them all.
Hmmn, don’t just read, go ahead and make your own decisions. Happy new year foodie…