Nigeria is the most populous black nation in the world. The country is blest with many good food that run across the 36 States of the Federation.
But recently, the food inflation troubling the country has prompted the sudden rise in the price of white rice by over 50 percent.
In a country where rice is a national staple that gulps more than N365 billion in importation expenditure annually, this is seen as a great distressing development.
Rice is a staple in many Nigerian homes. It’s delicious, filling and a great accompaniment to stews, sauces and soups, but the urgent need to look for alternative becomes imperative.
These alternatives taste as good as rice (if not better) and have the same chewy texture. Lets take a look at them.
- Bulgur is a cereal food made from the grouts of several different wheat species, most often from durum wheat.
- Bulgur is a whole grain gotten from cracked Durum wheat.
- For human consumption, bulgur is usually sold parboiled and dried, with only very small amount of bran partially removed.
- It is mostly found in Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and West Asian cuisines.
- The bulgur wheat is dried and split open to extract the grain.
- Bulgur grains are shorter than regular rice and can be eaten with anything from stew to soups and salads.
- Bulgur is produced by cleaning, boiling and drying the wheat and then, later removing its peel and classifying it according to grain sizes, grinding it in a range of different mills.
- The world Health Organisation, some years ago featured Bulgur as one of the fifteen foods which should be consumed regularly.
- It is said to be perfect for adults and children.
- Duru Bulgur wheat meal is a rich source of folic acid, fiber and vitamin B.
- It is a low Gl food which has lower level of glycerin index compared to white rice.
- This Wheat meal is said to be a healthy and natural food made from 100% durum wheat.
- It contains no artificial colouring or flavouring and is 100 % natural.
- It cooks in few minutes and can be used as rice or pasta .
- Duru Bulgur can be relished as a side dish, in soups and salads or be enjoyed as a delicious main meal.
- It can even cook faster than normal rice and contains a variety of vitamins and minerals, as well as a good amount of protein and fiber.
- Owing to its high fibre content, it helps to aid digestion.
- Bulgur also improves blood sugar regulation and weight loss.
- Bulgur is a pre-cooked, tasty and a healthy food product that is produced from wheat and water.
- One unique feature of this food is the beautiful fact that it does not contain any colourings or artificial flavours.
Nutritional Value And Health Benefit of Duru Bulgur Wheat Meal!
- This meal is said to be full of protein and fiber.
- It is low in calories and ideal for people seeking to shed weight.
- Since it contains low calories and packed with fiber, the meal gives a sense of fullness, and ensure that one achieve weight loss within the shortest time.
- It helps to maintain proper health of the colon.
- It aids the prevention of heart diseases.
- It helps to prevent breast cancer.
- It helps to improve mental health.
- Eating the wheat meal would also aid the prevention of the risk of gallstones in women.
- Bulgur wheat meal is a good source of fiber, protein, carbohydrates, iron and vitamin B-6.
- Bulgur makes a healthy and quick addition to any meal because it’s 100 percent whole wheat that’s specially prepared to decrease cooking time.
Read more – https://gourmetguide234.com/duru-bulgur-wheat-meal-in-nigeria/
#bulgur #alternativetorice #wheat