Never mind the over exaggerated title, power of literature there. In a nutshell, bell peppers are sometimes grouped with less harsh pepper varieties as “sweet peppers”, which is very cool.
Bell peppers are rich in thiamin, niacin, folate, magnesium, and copper, and Vitamin C in the green, which protect against scurvy, boosts the immune system, lowers inflammation in the arteries that leads to heart diseases, diabetes, and cholesterol. However, bell peppers comes in green, yellow, orange and red. With Green peppers slightly more bitter than yellow or orange peppers and red bell peppers being the sweetest.
- Eating snappy Bell Peppers instead of high-calorie chips and crackers is good for your health.
- Bell Peppers are technically fruits because they contain seeds.
- Bell red peppers contain more than 200 percent of your daily vitamin C intake.
- Red bell peppers help support healthy night vision.
I know that all the grammars above will be half received to an average Nigerian, if the question: how
Kitchen time, salivating time.
- 10-12 large green bell peppers or 3 cups of my green pepper stew base.
- 2 cups bleached palmoil
- green habanero/ scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1/4 cup iru
- 1.2 kg Assorted meats
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 Tbsp ground crayfish(Optional but recommended)
- 10 boiled eggs
- Salt/ bouillon cube to taste
If you are using your Stew base.
- Heat up bleached palmoil, then sauté onions
- Add iru and stir. Then pour in the thawed stew base, the meat stock, stir and allow to cook for about 20 mins until the stew begins to thicken again. ( the thickness of the sauce is a personal choice. I like mine thick but not too thick.)
- While the sauce is boiling down, add the precooked assorted meats. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Lower heat to a simmer.
- When stew has reduced to your desired thickness Then turn if heat, add the boiled eggs
- Serve with ofada rice or any medium grain rice.
if you don’t have stored up green pepper stew base, you can use freshly blended green peppers too. follow instructions for that below:
- Clean and deseed the green bell peppers. Blend with as little water as you can manage without over working your blender.
- Heat up in a sauce pan, sauté onions.
- Pour in the freshly blended green bell peppers into the oil. Add the meat stock and stir.
- Cook till the sauce thickens then add precooked the assorted meats.
- Lower heat and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes then turn heat off.
- Serve with rice.[Source]
Post by: Nwiziogoede Ndubuisi