Fresh Okro soup is a cannot-do -without this period. This is because of the need to boost the immunity of the body and the need to cut down on belly fat and excess weight that most foodies have gathered during this COVID -19 lockdown period.
When combined with craincrain leaves, otherwise known as ewedu leaves, the combo of okro and ewedu is perfect.
Okro and Ewedu soup is a good combination that can be relished warm and in a healthy way, especially because most children love draw soup with smooth swallow, this makes a perfect meal.
Okro and Ewedu are two combinations that can draw very well and they are ideal for children. Adults too can loose weight and eat light with this soup.
Recipe for 3 servings:
- 2 cups fresh okro (grated)
- 1 large bunch of fresh ewedu leaves [washed and blended]
- 4 pieces fresh red pepper (blended in a watery way)
- Or 1/2 tablespoon blended cameroon pepper
- 6 pieces softened stock fish
- 3 tablespoons crayfish
- 2 large suya fish or grilled fish
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 2 smoked fish [optional]
- Salt and seasoning to taste
- 1 cooking spoon palm oil
- Get a clean pot, set it on fire and pour in the broth.
- Allow it to boil well before adding the fish.
- Add the crayfish
- Remember the salt and seasoning to taste
- Add the blended pepper
- Add the stockfish
- Cover and allow to cook until the entire broth is well cooked
- Uncover the pot and add the palmoil, no need to fry your oil.
- Just add to the pot, cover and allow to cook for some minutes until the palm oil is orange yellow colour.
- Uncover, add the okro and stir.
- Cover and simmer for 25 seconds.
- Uncover and add the blended ewedu leaves, stir, cover slightly and simmer for 5 seconds.
- Remove from heat and serve with any swallow, like amala [yam flour], [garri] eba, pounded yam, lafu [cassava flour] and fufu.