Rice is a staple food that is rich in starch and carbohydrate, which can be eaten anywhere and without much stress.
There are many ways to relish rice, one of such is Fried Rice.
It is a delicacy that sees the embellishments and garnishings of many vegetables and eating this starch -enriched food has its own healthy rich pleasure.
The food is tastier with moist boiled and oven-baked chicken
Lets get to the kitchen!
Recipe for 4 servings:
4 cups rice
1 teaspoon curry
1 Cup kidney beans [cooked]
1 kilogram chicken laps
1/2 kilogram chicken wings
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 large white onion [diced]
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
salt and seasoning to taste
2 cups green peas
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground garlic
2 cup diced fresh red bell pepper
2 cup diced green bell pepper
2 cup diced fresh carrots
1 teaspoon ground dried pepper
- Wash, salt, season and cook the chicken laps and wings in a saucepan.
- Make sure they are well seasoned with pepper and the likes of ginger and garlic.
- Cook until slightly brown, remove the meat from the pan and pour out the fatty stock into a bowl.
- Oven – dry the chicken slightly until semi-dry, but a bit moisty.
- Remove from heat and serve into a plate as you wait to combine the meat with your rice
- Meanwhile, return the saucepan to the heat, add some water to the pan, wash and pour the rice into the pan.
- Add the salt and some seasonings to taste as the rice continues to boil.
- Cover the pan and cook the rice until quite tender.
- Make sure the water in the rice is not too much, this will make the rice turn out crispy.
- In a related vein, get a big pot, set it on fire. add the oil and onions.
- Pour in the garlic and ginger.
- Stir fry for 15 seconds and add the carrots, peppers, kidney beans, and salt as well as turmeric, curry and thyme and seasonings to taste.
- Add the green peas and every other remaining ingredient.
- Stir and gradually add the boiled rice.
- Stir gently but properly until well mixed with the vegetables.
- Cover and simmer on moderate heat until the rice is ready.
- Remove from heat and serve warm with the chicken.