Green vegetables are very essential for our every day lives especially as we strive to do away with junk food. If you desire something nice for the weekend, try this quick recipe, it has the combination of the right nutrients of vitamins, cabohydrate and other balanced hmmmn, meedeemeedee…
Recipe for 6 servings
- 8 ripe plantains
- 2 cups vegetable or groundnut oil
- 2 big bunches of green vegetables[any of ugu, tete etc is okay]
- 6 large fresh tomatoes [diced or sliced]
- 3 fresh red pepper [diced or sliced]
- Salt and seasoning to taste
- 1 onion [sliced or diced]
- small pieces of diced snail[parboiled, optional]
In a large frying pan or deep fryer, heat the oil. Wash the plantains, peel and slice them diagonally lengthwise. The slices should be 1/2 inch thick. Season with salt. Place them in the hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides. Remove from oil and drain. Set aside and prepare the veggies’ sauce.
For the vegetables, pluck, wash and slice thinly. Set the pan and pour small vegetable or groundnut oil, fry the onion, tomatoes and peppers in the hot oil for few minutes. Add the shredded vegetables, salt and seasoning to taste. Allow to set, remove from heat and serve alongside the plantains either as an appetizer or snacks, dessert, simple breakfast, lunch or even dinner!