Every October 1, Nigeria as the most populous black nation in the world always celebrates her national Independence with pomp and splendor.
But the past 60 years have shown that there are so many things the populace are not happy about,
Yet, Nigeria is blest with so many foods and agricultural products.
I will be sharing some of the sumptuous delicacies that Nigeria is really blest with, oh I wish I could go through the 36 years.
HOW TO PREPARE OFADA RICE AND SAUCE
Recipe for 2 servings
3 cups ofada rice
2 smoked or dried fish [shredded and washed]
1/2 kilogram assorted offals [shaki,kidney, liver etc
1 cup chopped or coarsely blended green pepper
2 large ponmo [shredded into tiny bits]
1 cup chopped or coarsely blended red bell pepper
1 large onion [chopped or sliced]
1/2 cup blended ginger and garlic
4 tablespoons locust beans
Salt and seasoning to taste
- Make sure that before now, you have washed and blended all the peppers and onions coarsely.
- And it is important to remove the seed of the green bell pepper.s before blending. This will help to remove unnecessary bitter taste from the sauce.
- Wash and season the meat and cook until the stock is well extracted.
- Get a fry pan, sauce pan or a pot.
- Set on fire and pour in the palmoil.
- Allow to heat for 45 seconds before adding the onions.
- Stir and add the blended tomatoes and peppers.
- Cover and cook until the water dries from the puree.
- After some minutes, uncover and stir before adding the meat and little stock.
- Stir and add the locust beans and other ingredients.
- Check for seasoning and salt and simmer for few minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve alongside some boiled Ofada rice and some brown – fried dicey plantains.