Pineapple is said to be native to southern Brazil and Paraguay, but right now, it is found virtually all over the world, Africa is not an exception – ask Nigeria and Ghana.
It is a tropical fruit that is rich in vitamins, enzymes as well as antioxidants.
Eating pineapple helps to do a whole lot of good to the body. This include the boosting of the immune system, building very strong bones as well as aiding indigestion.
Hmmm, despite its sweetness, this vitamin c enriched fruit is quite low in calories.
There are so many simple lovely recipes we can generate with pineapple,
One of such is the pineapple squash. Let’s see how it is prepared.
Recipe for3 servings:
- 2 sizeable pineapples
- Some clean water.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice.
- Wash, peel, and core off the pineapples.
- Cut into small, tiny pieces.
- Pour the pineapple barks and the core into a saucepan and add enough water to cover them.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the liquid through a cloth and press the juice out of the peel and the core.
- Measure the mixture, and add the sugar over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Cool the mixture. add the lemon juice.
- Pour into a big jug and serve chilled