One of our listeners on Unilag Radio 103.1FM sent this recipe as a winner on the radio food show!
Plantain puff puff is made from overripe plantains and this delicacy can be served as dessert! Just make sure you add plenty pepper to make the snacks spicy and tasty.
Recipe for 2 servings
- 2 RIPE MEDIUM SIZED PLANTAIN
- 1 TABLESPOON OF SUGAR (OPTIONAL)
- 1 SLICED OR BLENDED PEPPER (OPTIONAL)
- PINCH OF SALT
- ½ A GLASS OF MILK
- OIL FOR FRYING
- BLENDED CRAYFISH (OPTIONAL)
- MASH THE PLANTAIN IN A BOWL UNTIL IT FORMS PASTE
- ADD PEPPER, PINCH OF SALT, SUGAR AND CRAYFISH. MIX THOROUGHLY
- ADD MILK GRADUALLY TILL YOU GET YOUR DESIRED CONSISTENCY
- HEAT UP OIL IN A POT
- WITH A SPOON, SCOOP THE MIXTURE INTO THE OIL AND FRY UNTIL ITS BROWNISH IN COLOUR
- PLACE ON A PLATE WITH EITHER SERVIETTE OR TISSUE TO ABSORB THE OIL
- ENJOY WHILE HOT WITH ANY DRINK OF YOUR CHOICE!
ZOBO IS A GOOD SUGGESTION!
Please follow and like us: