SPICY SNAIL IS A HEALTHY, HOT AND PEPPERED DELICACY THAT YOU CAN RELISH IN PLACE OF RED MEAT AND BEEF.
THEY ARE VERY RICH IN CALCIUM AND CAN BE TAKEN AS VERY GOOD IMMUNE BOOSTERS ESPECIALLY AS WE STRIVE TO MANAGE COVID 19.
EVERY INGREDIENT YOU NEED TO PREPARE ASSORTED DELICACIES IN YOUR KITCHEN IS AVAILABLE AT THE FRESH FARM SHOP.
THE SHOP HAS AN ONLINE FOOD STORE AND A PHYSICAL PICKUP PLACE WHERE YOU CAN SOURCE FOR THE RIGHT INGREDIENTS.
IT OPERATES AS A WHOLESALE AS WELL AS A RETAIL STORE. TO JOIN THE FRESH FARM WHATSAPP COMMUNITY https://chat.whatsapp.com/Jajzb9932SD... Feel free to send a message to 08034973455.
To some snail delicacy is a taboo, especially because of its slimy nature, but forothers, it is an enjoyable culinary delicacy.
Snails are also described as Molluscs. They are amongst the largest land snails in the world and can grow to be up to 8 inches long.
Snails are generally legal in most of the world, especially my own dear country Nigeria.
Snails are expensive delicacies in many parts of Nigeria, the most populous black nation in the World.
This slogan ‘One man’s food is another man’s poison’ is a general slogan that tends to drive home the message about mollusks, which are replete in the market and have even become a luxury today!
Snails are known by their shells which are usually hard, thick or light, as well as their soft silky, slimy body, edible part.
To enjoy snails, purchase them alive, leave them for some days when the excreta and dirt would have cleared from their bodies. Clean, cook and relish the good taste of these congo meat recipes.
Care must, however, be taken in preparing snails. Wash the snails with alum, lime, lemon or salt – these help to clean off the slime and purge the meat of parasites embodied within the meat.
Food Fact, Benefits and Nutritional Value
- The shells as zinc repository are said to be good for weight loss.
- Snails, order wise known as black meat or congo meat, are soft muscular creatures embodied in alluring shells, whose meat are rich in protein, iron and calcium.
- Snails are botanically known as achatinoidea.
- These soft muscular creatures embodied in alluring shells, belong to the mollusc family.
- Snails are relished countries like Spain, the Philippines, Morocco, Algeria, Italy, Portugal, Greece, Belgium, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Cyprus, Malta and parts of the US.
- Snails, although they look disgusting, are known for their unique and flavoured delicacy.
- There are different kinds of snails, infact almost a thousand kinds of snails! These include the fresh water snails, land snails, sea snails, limpets and peri-winkles, otherwise known as isam amongst others.
- Others edibles mullusks are clams, oysters, abalones, scallops, mussels etc. This is just to mention a few, although the most common in the Nigerian markets are the land snails and the sea snails.
- The consumption of snails helps to tone the nerves, lower blood pressure, normalize temperature and prevent vascular diseases.
- Elderly people, who are advised not to eat red meat will find a good alternative in snails.
- Snails are high in protein and other essential nutrients.
- They are are also high in a number of vitamins and minerals.
- At 3.5 milligrams per 100g, snails are said to be actually higher in iron than beef and provide nearly half of RDA.
- Like beef, snails are high in potassium (382 milligrams) and high in magnesium (250 milligrams) even when compared with chicken, pork, beef or fish.
- Snails are a great source of the valuable lectin, they possess anti-cancer properties and help in boosting the immune system and fighting against cancerous cells.
- The snail slime is said to be extremely rich in allantonin, collagen and elastin, which is beneficial for the treatment of skin diseases and broken bones.
- They contain only two grams of carbohydrates .
- Snails don’t contain much fat either with only 1.4 grams being the average.
- They are high in cholesterol which are not bad per-say when consumed in the right quantities.
TO PREPARE THIS SPICY DELICACY, JUST GO AHEAD AND WATCH THIS ON YOUTUBE….