FOOD RIDDLES! I AM A ROUND FRUIT, ENRICHED WITH THE RIGHT VITAMINS, I CRY A LOT, MY OUTSIDE IS PAINTED GREEN WHILE MY ROOMS ARE POLISHED WITH RED. WHAT IS MY NAME”? WATERMELON!
Today is watermelon day!
The simplest way to cut a watermelon is to slice it crossways and then to slice the resulting round slabs into halves or quarters. This method is generally used in a casual setting where people do not mind the juices flowing everywhere. Since the rind provides a handle, no utensils are needed.
So, just make sure you munch some watermelon and enjoy your day!
Watermelon Fact file
- Watermelon is the fruit and plant of a vine-like herb that reportedly originated from Southern Africa.
- This is an – all season’s fruit
- It is enriched with water, protein, fiber, vitamins A, B and C.
- This fruit is said to be full of calcium, phosphorus, potassium and carbohydrate.
- Watermelon is 92 percent water by weight and this is in comparison to the highest percentage of any other fruit.
- As a popular source of water in our diet, the flesh is often known as citron melon (distinct from the actual citron, of the citrus family).
- We can boldly say that this fruit is a favourite food of children and adults all over the world.
- It can be eaten all year round.
- Watermelon has significant levels of lycopene, antioxidants and amino acids!
- This round – looking fruit is fat-free, very low in sodium and has only 40 calories per cup.
- The seeds of watermelon are said to be rich in fat and protein, and are widely eaten as snack, added to other dishes, or used as an oilseed.
You can slice and relish your watermeon. It can be great in fruit salads!
Water melon can be frosted with whipped cream and eaten with other berries!
You can make a nice smoothie with your watermelon!
Health Benefits of Watermelon